NAME OF YOUTH GROUP: MY STAR (Muslim Youth Seeking to Achieve Righteousness)
TARGET AGE GROUP: GIRLS AGED 8-12 yrs
MEETING TIME/DAY: SATURDAY 11-12:30
To empower young, Muslim girls with awakened minds, inspired hearts, and enlightened actions by giving them a platform for expression.
To provide support for Muslim girls ages 8-12, and help them develop a positive Islamic Identity, while having fun.
AREAS OF FOCUS
1. Engaging our youth in open communication to discuss social and religious issues that they are affected by.
A. Bi-weekly meetings at Aisha Cultural Center on Saturdays between 11 and 12:30.
B. Guest Speakers including Teens from our sister youth group.
2. Establishing a supportive network of youth and the greater community.
3. Promoting Islamic principles grounded in the Qu’ran and Sunnah.
4. Sparking youth involvement in community development and dialogue.
A. Promoting charity involvement in local organizations.
B. Fundraising for various activities.
5. Field trips to promote sisterhood between the girls.
6. Building a positive peer environment that supports faith, community and good role models of behavior.